Saturday, April 25, 2009

Remembering John Michell (1933-2009)


Readers will be saddened to hear of the loss of one of esotericism's guiding figures. Not only was he a pioneer in the field of Earth Mysteries, but he was a bastion of the counter culture, a true polymath and above all a kind and generous soul. I met him very briefly after a talk he gave at FortFest 1998, and upon mentioning my teenage epistolary correspondences with him some decade or so before he said he remembered my name and still has my letters filed away somewhere. I was too awestruck to consider whether this was true or not! Needless to say, his work was a major influence on this blog.

If you haven't already, grab yourself a copy of his seminal The Flying Saucer Vision and View Over Atlantis.

(Here is a clip of John at his humorous best, from the very talk after which I met him - apologies for the poor audio quality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMFthcRnXQ)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raptor Cam Tracking

It was brought to my attention recently that The Amateur Falconer is currently undertaking a study of the movement of a falcon using as a tr...